American Gold Eagles
In 1986, the United States began striking silver and gold bullion coins to compete with world bullion coins such as the Canadian Maple Leaf, the South African Krugerrand, and others. The value of these coins was intended to be tied directly to their metal value, although in some cases (where mintages were low) a collector market has developed. The bullion value of these coins far outstrips their face value.
The obverse of U.S. gold bullion coins follows the artistic design created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens for the $20 Gold Double Eagles issued from 1907-1933. The design features Lady Liberty carrying an olive branch and a torch. Gold coin sets from Golden Eagle Coins are available from 1986 through the present. They may be purchased in uncirculated condition. We also carry 20th anniversary Gold American Eagle sets and Proof Gold Eagles. For more information on investing in gold eagles, check out our Gold Eagle Investing Guide.
- One Ounce Uncirculated American Gold Eagles 1986-2015
- Half Ounce Uncirculated American Gold Eagles 1986-2015
- Quarter Ounce Uncirculated American Gold Eagles 1986-2015
- Tenth Ounce Uncirculated American Gold Eagles 1986-2015
- Certified Gold American Eagles
- Certified Proof Gold American Eagles NGC & PCGS
- 2009 Ultra High Relief Certified & Mint Issued
- Proof American Gold Eagles
- 20th Anniversary Gold American Eagle Coins Single Coins & Sets
- Burnished American Gold Eagles