Almost Uncirculated Franklin Half Dollar Set 1948-1963 (35 pcs)

  • Inventory:
    Available
  • Product ID: 18850
As low as: $595.00
Qty Wire/Check Bitcoin CC/PayPal
Any $595.00 $600.95 $618.80
  • Description:

    The Almost Uncirculated Franklin Half Dollar Set is the perfect gift for a new collector. Not only does it include every Franklin Half Dollar issued but each dollar is in almost uncirculated condition. Almost uncirculated condition doesn't contain much wear, with the main images fully intact and most of the original BU shine is still visible. Packaged in a deluxe Dansco Album, each coin is neatly placed into its own specified space, with a plastic sheet to cover the front and back of the AU half dollars. Dansco Albums are the preferred albums among experienced collectors, especially due to their hard book cover and sturdy pages. Collections stay in pristine condition, for a decades, if stored properly in a Dansco Album.

    The Franklin Half Dollar was first minted in 1948, by Chief Engraver, John R. Sinnock. The mint director, Nellie Tayloe Ross, held Benjamin Franklin in high regard as one of the most famous Founding Fathers. After the success of the Walking Liberty Half Dollar, the US was ready for a familiar and respected face on the new half dollar and Ross knew exactly the perfect candidate. The Benjamin Franklin Half Dollars were produced, using 90% silver, and a nickel alloy for the other 10%. The 90% silver content, of the Franklin Half Dollar, is really what makes this collection go up in value. With almost an unlimited number of half dollars minted annually, the Franklin Half Dollar doesn't have a high numismatic value. Luckily, there is a high demand for 90% silver coins, the Franklin Half Dollars being among the list, that causes this historically popular collection to be a smart investment for collectors. Whether you are a Franklin admirer or would like to get your feet wet in the coin collecting world, the Franklin Half Dollar not only promises a collectible series but also a collection that will last a lifetime.

  • Details:
    • Denomination: N/A
    • Year: N/A
    • Diameter: N/A
    • Mint Mark: N/A
    • Thickness: N/A
    • Grade: N/A

Customer reviews